Fine Art Reproduction
(2D artwork and print media)
From flat artwork and photographs to paintings and prints, it’s vital to create accurate reproductions of your work.
Once you have professional reproduction files on hand, you have many options available:
– Producing quality prints,
– Building an online portfolio,
– Printing limited editions,
– Creating press-ready files for promotional material,
– and Preserving high-quality digital files of your artwork after a purchase.
The process begins with professional lighting with a CRI 95 rating to produce accurate colors, and an studio setup to ensure a quality capture free of distortions. A color management system provides consistency from the camera to the software applications (Lightroom and Photoshop), and if needed to the inkjet printer.
Included in the reproduction is a high-resolution, tonally balanced image. Add an additional service for a web version of the image suitable to meet the specifications for online submittals to juried exhibits and calls-for-entry. Or use your web file for your online gallery, shop, or web marketing strategies.
• Standard Resolution: Fine Art Reproductions up to 22 x 28 (at 300dpi printing resolution.)
• Premium Resolution: Fine Art Reproduction for images above 22 x 28 (at 300dpi printing resolution). Premium resolution is needed to print larger work at full size, to enlarge smaller work, or to capture detailed shots.
If you’re interested in prints of the reproduction, I provide print services using an Epson archival inkjet printer. If you need assistance working with another service provider, I can help provide an accurate image file based on specifications available through the provider.
Pigment Inkjet Printing provides archival quality prints. My printing process is primarily for artwork and photo reproduction and print projects, small print runs for posters and promotional material, and limited edition printing for small press projects. To find out more about inkjet printing, visit the graphic design page.